Part 75: Bidder Conferences
(Project Procurement Management: Conduct Procurements)
- In the procurement process, sellers respond to our Request for Proposals
- Sometimes, the Request for Proposals is not clear enough and sellers have questions
- All sellers are entitled to be treated fairly in the procurement process
- Therefore, we should provide the seller’s question (and our corresponding answer) to all the other sellers. All sellers should be provided with the same information.
- The best way to do this is at a Bid Conference
- A Bid Conference is a meeting between the buyer and prospective sellers prior to submitting a bid or proposal
- Helps ensure that all sellers have a clear understanding of the procurement requirements
- Sellers can ask the buyer questions, and all sellers can hear every question and answer
- In a construction project, it might involve a site visit or tour
- Sometimes, attendance at the Bid Conference is mandatory. We may choose to reject bids from sellers that did not attend.