Part 94: Colocation
(Project Resource Management: Develop Team)
- In Colocation, we take the most important team members and put them in the same physical location, so that they can perform as a team
- Colocation is also known as a “tight matrix”
- On the exam, do not confuse it with the matrix organizations identified earlier in this book
- Colocation may be temporary or for the entire project
- Colocation can occur in a dedicated “war room”
- When team members are from different geographical areas, we should weigh the cost of travel and accommodations against the benefit of setting up a Colocation. Sometimes, a Virtual Team is more cost-effective.