Part 98: Recognition and Rewards
(Project Resource Management: Develop Team)
- Rewarding desirable behavior enhances the team
- An award is effective when it satisfies a need that is valued by the individual
- People are motivated when they feel valued
- An intangible reward can be more effective than a monetary award
- Many team members are motivated by the opportunity to accomplish something meaningful, grow, and meet new challenges. Therefore, money may not always be the best reward.
- People should be rewarded throughout the project life cycle